Wednesday, January 17, 2007

GWUD, IZUF, or HYVE?

I've been thinking this over for a while. I want a catchy phone number because saying (509) 293 4983 just doesn't say "CALL ME!" like it should. It's certainly no 669 DOUG. So here are the combinations that I like. But feel free to suggest some others.

293 GWUD
I think this one is my favorite. "GWUD" just seems like it would be a lot of fun to say on a regular basis and it would definitely stick in your head. Who wouldn't want to call 293 GWUD?

293 IZUF
This could be either "Is-Uff" ("uff" pronounced like the end of the word enough) or "Eye-Zoof." Both are pretty good, but I'm not sure that it's quite as rad as "GWUD."

293 HYVE
Now this one isn't bad either. "HYVE" gives you the feeling that we're all part of one friendly community; a hive if you will. Also we might inadvertently attract a lot of fans of that Swedish rock band, The Hives. I can't say I know their music, but more listeners = awesome. But then at the same time people might be confused and think they're calling the "I've-got-hives-and-need-serious-help" hotline. We're not a hives hotline.

¿Qúe piensan? Tell us what you think. If no one has an opinion I'll probably go with GWUD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm, tough one. but don't leave out all the other options! (remember tree charts from high school? and exponents? there's more than 100 combinations of letters for your four digits.)

you could go with GYVE which could be like 'jive' which is a pretty cool word. I don't think it needs another pursuasive reason.

Then there is IYUE. It's three-and-a-half vowels. Like I-You. I don't know, I just like vowels.

There's also IWUD which is like saying "I would, but..." for the lazy procrastinator in all of us. (or it's Apple's next ground-breaking product in the Christmas tree market: iWood.)

I have to say, however, that I like Eye-Zoof. That's a tough one to beat.

Anonymous said...

Wahahaaaaa! iWOOD!

Great comment, Marisa!

GYVE is pretty dang awesome for sure, makes me think of The Beegees' "Jive Talkin'." That was a really weird word to punctuate. I'm pretty sure '." is probably never grammatically correct. Oh well. I also think the idea of having three-and-a-half vowels is pretty rad. Thanks for the ideas!